“Growing up happens when you start having things you look back on and wish you could change-
Clary Fray”
When i was a little girl, I Have these faded memories of visiting the Beaches of Goa every weekend, Staying in a locked up house till mumma Came back from work, sleeping the whole day on your bed and waking up on mom's lap with her guilt ridden face which said of leaving me alone and going to work everyday... These are not pretty much of everything i remember.. there's more.. But i somehow always cherished these particular memories.. Because i think for a 3 year old.. I was pretty strong back then.. That brings me to the question.. When we grow up where does all the strength go? I mean, I cant sit in an empty room anymore.. I start making frantic calls to people to make plans and meet and if that doesn't work i end up calling mom to just come home as early as she can.. I don't think anyone of us can relate to even one Memory they have of their childhood with what they have now with their parents, or for that matter, anybody. Time changes a lot of things.. It changed the other way round for me though..
I
wondered how quickly life can change from a phase where the biggest tension you
had in life was when you weren't chosen as a captain in a game of cricket or
having your doll's leg or neck broken.. Today.. I think we are so frustrated
with things not working out the way we want to that we end up cribbing about
every slight probable situation. I do. I do it every day. Its fun though.. Its fun to fuss about things.. It really doesn't matter how old you are to crib about "karele ka sabzi" or in my case The "malai" over the doodh *pukes* All these small things in us just reflect an image of that kid in us who still lives in you.. And remember when anyone says "Your immature and Crazy" Take that as a compliment.. because not many know what crazy defines :)
I believe people always have that child in them .. its the heart that never grows.. It only ages.. Ages because that's how time plays.. It never grows because it still has those endless desires.. those senseless dreams to chase.. those stupid decisions it makes.. That stupid sound it makes.. And the painful feelings it bakes in you.. Its okay if sometimes you want to take a days off to sleep an extra hour.. its okay if you kick an auntie deliberately in the train because she kicked you first.. Its okay if you fight over the last piece of pizza and its really okay if you laugh like hysterically on a knock knock joke.. Why don't we do it then.. Its Time to let your guards down by allowing yourself to live a life where there's actually a life to be lived in.. Live a life where YOU matter.. nothing else.. A life where There's carelessness and stupidity...Where there is no one to judge You :) In fact even if people judge You.. Its even more better Because that way you can make fun of how lame they are (:
Life is Way to short.. Ya you still have probably half a century to live but they then did u realise you already have completed two decades already and that too so soon! I really don't know what my main motto of writing this blog was.. I was just unhappy about us being forced to behave and grow up to fit in to this society of "civilised" People.. I was doing good enough as a careless kid.. It should've just been that way :(
So feed that kid inside you all the chocolates and Fries.. Spoil it a little.. Because its that kid in You which has given you all the amazing crazy fun memories and its the kid in you which will always remind you how awesome you are :)
No comments:
Post a Comment